Race Day Reminders
Thanks for registering for the inaugural Celebration! White Rock 5k and 10k!
We’re looking forward to an amazing run and some super fun post-race festivities.
A few reminders before the race:
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your registration packet at Luke’s Locker,3046 Mockingbird Lane, on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night between 4:30 and 7 p.m.
- T-shirt sizes are not guaranteed (though we’ll do our best!).
- The race starts at 6:30 p.m., but we’ll have a pre-race stretch led by Exhale, so come at 6:10 p.m. and get your yoga on!
- The race will be timed and there will be awards by age group from 19 and under to 70+.
- Awards will be announced at 7:45 p.m.
- Limited parking will be available at these locations: along Emerald Isle, Winfrey Point, Sunset Bay, Stone Tables , the surface lot behind Doctors Hospital (not the parking garage!) (Better yet, park far away and jog on over to Winfrey Point for a nice warm up).
- Bring a friend to enjoy the post-race festivities. We should have plenty of food for everyone.
- Sally Rodriguez’s excellent book on White Rock Lake will be on sale, so bring along $22 if you’d like to nab a history of our favorite urban oasis.
- We’ll also have some great White Rock Lake t-shirts and caps for sale too! (And all the proceeds benefit YOUR LAKE).
- Bring an ID. Not only is it just smart, but if you want to get into the beer garden, it’s a must.
- Don’t forget the free post-race food provided by a mouth-watering list of great Dallas restaurants.
- We’ll also have a whole mess of DOOR PRIZES, including Rangers tickets, yoga memberships for two, a year’s supply of Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes, a $100 gift certificate to Luke’s Locker and more. (Only registered race participants are eligible to win a door prize, and you must be present to win.)
- Don’t forget to stop by the White Rock Lake Conservancy booth to say hi! We’d love to meet you
Thanks again for making the very first Celebration! White Rock such a wonderful success. Your grandchildren will thank you for helping to preserve the most beautiful spot in Dallas!
See you Thursday night!